Sunday, January 15, 2012

Transitions from Weaving to Wood

Today I took some new video documentation of work I did from my students days, back in '76. I was then investigating making transitions in work going from one media to another, which was the focus of my 4th-year independent study work at OCA. It started with weaving on the typewriter, and at one point I tried weaving with wood - making among other objects the blocks shown in the videos below. I also tried Weaving with Post Cards. I'm looking at this again now because I just tried making a video with an extension of the same process. The first attempt with video can be seen in National Gallery - Fabric Grid Video.

I think the videos show what's going on pretty well. The video below shows me undoing a pattern...





and this next one shows me creating a pattern....

No comments:

Post a Comment